Integrated Science & Technology, Inc.
3301 Windy Ridge Pkwy, Ste 250, Atlanta, GA 30339
Copyright © 2015 Integrated Science & Technology, Inc. | All Rights Reserved
Feasibility or pilot testing often can determine the most cost-effective engineering solution to achieve regulatory mandates. Proper pilot testing can also reduce costs. Properly designed and implemented, pilot tests can determine the most efficient, but cost-effective, solution for a site.
Pilot tests are designed to generate reproducible and scientifically defensible data for use in our engineering designs. This approach results in engineering solutions that work the first time and eliminate costly follow-up repairs and modifications.
Other pilot tests may focus on determining treatability of various chemicals of concern by:
Complex projects may require pilot tests of varying focus and scale to formulate design parameters, to optimize the design, and to evaluate constructability before determining the efficacy of an engineering approach. Another tool IST often employs is a numerical or analytical model(s) to make predictions about potential engineering solutions based on the results of our pilot testing.
- Air Permeability
- Radius of Vacuum Influence (bioventing or soil-vapor extraction)
- Radius of Pumping Influence
- Well Yields
- Effect of Vacuum Enhancement (groundwater pumping and treatment, multiphase extraction)
- Relative Air Saturation
- Upwelling Measurements
- Dissolved Oxygen Increase (air sparging)
- Subsurface Lithologic Heterogeneities
- Mass Transfer Technologies (carbon adsorption, air stripping, thermal desorption, thermal or catalytic oxidation)
- Physicochemical Treatment (gravity separation, coalescing media, chemical oxidation, stabililization, pH adjustment, flocculation/precipitation, filtering, etc.)
- Biological Mineralization (respirometry, BOD, cometabolism, biological speciation, and effect of nutrient addition)
- Lab-, Bench-, and Field-scale Pilot Testing
- Modeling to Predict Effect of Engineering Solutions
- Bioventing/Soil-vapor Extraction Pilot Tests
- Multiphase Extraction Pilot Tests
- Groundwater Pumping and Treatment Pilot Tests
- Air-sparging Pilot Tests
- Treatability of COCs Pilot Tests
IST’s design professionals use accurate site-specific information to evaluate and design feasibility testing programs. These programs include the most economical solutions for a site. IST can perform feasibility testing on a lab scale, bench scale, or field scale. Pilot tests may be designed to measure physical parameters: